Monday 4 November 2013

It pays dividends

I have been unwell for several days, hence no updates. Bit better today so hoping I'm on the way up.

Friday brought the second quarterly payment of the GVC dividend. Even on the current share price the dividend yield is running at around 10%. At the average price I paid since the share suspension, the yield I have achieved is closer to 12.5%. And I have upped my holding by 40% at the low prices that were offered after the x dividend date. All to the good.

Those frightening China shares are starting to move in the right direction, slowly slowly. FENG is still looking decidedly sick and is due to publish results on November 13th. I have to decide whether to wait out those results and risk another hit or perhaps some pleasant news. CISQ, on the other hand has moved into profit.

Here is a chart of Vector Vest's watchlist of Chinese shares that are quoted on the US markets. I bought on what I hoped would be a pull back but as you can see I jumped the gun. If the chart resumes its upward movement I may be tempted to pick up some more.



Th UK shares are doing OK and have covered costs but have yet to move into profit. III is 2.4% up but WIN which started well is now 2.4% down.

The indices have all pulled back a little but are running close to their highs. There is no evidence of a real end to the rally.

And so back to my sick bed.




No comments: