Tuesday 30 July 2013

Patience is a virtue

Patience is a virtue
A virtue is a grace
Grace was a little girl
Who wouldn't wash her face

What direction do I think the market is likely to take? My dollar portfolio is just about fully invested and my sterling account is over 75% invested. I think that says it all. I don't claim to be right, but I have put my money where my mouth is.

Unfortunately it is a waiting game. The market is struggling to get past the all time high. Never an easy thing for a market to do. There have now been thirteen days of consolidation. There will always be bears who cannot believe that the break out will happen and they sell each time an opportunity presents itself. I am never confident, but those long tails on the candles over the past few days give me hope that I have done the right thing.



New rules

I mentioned my frustration at the way my quick profit on HSOL disappeared like snow in the spring. Decision: I shall add a rule that any share that makes a profit of 50% or more will be sold AND shares which make 20-25% in five days or fewer will also be sold (or the holding will be significantly reduced to capture profit.

WOMAD

I've never been to an open air music festival before. But WOMAD takes place just down the road and my daughter, with her family wanted to go. They wanted  to stay here rather than brave the camping option. I suggested that I should join them and I was delighted that I did. It was an experience like no other. 

I did not brave the rain on Saturday but took the children home with me and picked up my daughter and son-in-law in the evening when
they had had enough. 

I came away with a henna tattoo and ate an Eritrean curry. The music we heard was great. Anything we did not like we left and found something else to hear. 

My favourites were a Japanese drumming combo of seven women and four men called Gocoo,
fabulous Brazilian singer called Flavia Coelho and an Indian Sitar group called Debapriya & Samanwaya

No comments: