Wednesday 6 June 2012

Switchback

Brent Crude in US$
After that massive drop and then a long weekend, for those of us in London, the market turned round rather sharply. I could have closed my US shorts yesterday but I didn't. I couldn't even kick myself because the market could have gone either way. Further falls are likely but safest to bank the profit and worry about further falls tomorrow. So I closed off the positions at the open and walked away. I expect tthe next step down will come soon. I suspect the sharp rise was partly short covering.

In the mean time my gold is moving on up. I shall have to start worrying about whether to take profits as it hits the resistance level.

I bought some oil this morning (in ETF form) and that is doing well. Today's main chart shows the reasoning behind that trade very clearly.

No comments: