Friday 1 June 2012

Big day today?

Those new support lines (I should say old support lines because they go back to February and April last year) have been working their socks off to hold the DOW up for 9 days now.  Then yesterday there was a spike in volume and an interesting candlestick shape. (I'm not too hot on candlestick shape analysis but it looked interesting with its long wicks and short body.) Main thing is that it was associated with a modest volume spike.

Result is I'm looking for fireworks today, could be up, could be down. I'm guessing down. At the moment the futures markets are showing a fall for the DOW but rises for the FTSE and the DAX. Only time will tell if I'm right. Luckily I'm not a nail biter.

In the mean time my gold is going well but mainly because of the rise in the value of the dollar

No comments: