Monday 7 May 2012

Are we there yet?

We have now had two days of heavy falls. Judging by the futures market and by the performance of Asian markets overnight we are due for another nasty day today. So has the slide that I have been waiting for, preparing for at such a high cost finally arrived?

My short positions are slowly returning to profit. I still have to recover the losses from my early short foray that I closed in mid April. I opened more positions on Friday. So I am backing my judgement big time - 28% of my portfolio. Whether or not I am right still remains to be seen. I have found that taking short positions is a risky business. But then you can't expect to make money without taking risks. The money you make in this game is a reward for taking risks. So I hold on tight and stick with the white knuckle ride.

No comments: