Wednesday 25 April 2012

Waiting

I have not been updating because there is so little to say. Here we are waiting, waiting, waiting. And it's a painful wait. It's so hard to get the timing right. When the market shoots off in an upward direction it takes massive courage to hold onto shorts which are losing money, particularly when my capital base is so small. Result is that I cut my losses and then I'm not there when the market moves off in the direction I expect. Fear of the bear trap is ever present. The best I can do is to control the money I put at risk so that if I do get it wrong my loss will be manageable. I then hold on tight and go with the ride as long as I can bear the pain. The notes on the chart show why I am holding on.

1 comment:

David Steel said...

Hi Paul,

This is a very frustrating market.....you just have to stick with your trading strategy (assuming you know it works overall) and stay strictly within your money management rules to ensure that you stay in the game.
Good luck and keep in touch!