Wednesday 14 March 2012

Where are we now?

Service will be patchy for a while. But I will be back.
What a jump! More than 200 points and it took out the 13000 level (purple line), burst above the diagonal trend line and broke through an important peak that occurred just before the 2008 market collapse (top blue line).

So where to next. As ever I am not foolish enough to predict these things. But I have a well invested portfolio so that tells you where I'm putting my money. The futures market for tomorrow looks promising. I bought a whole bunch of "surfing" shares on Monday. By this I mean ones that:

  • have an upward trend
  • have displayed a wave motion in price 
  • are near the bottom of the wave
  • the value of the move from the buy price to the mid point of the wave movement is worthwhile.
In the UK I have bought TT. KIE PMO STAN KAZ RIO. All are in profit since Monday and STAN is showing a 3.5% profit and is close to the point where profits are taken.

In the US I have bought ZSTN USHS ALNY WNC and LCAV. These are doing reasonably well and have very high profit targets but are being dragged down by poor performance by LCAV.

My US picks of 8 March are showing excellent returns. Hong Kong shares bought the next day are, rather disappointingly, neutral.

Report comment overall: could do better, but is improving.

This information is provided so you can watch. I do not recommend shares.

1 comment:

David said...

Good work Paul,....keep it up!