Wednesday 26 October 2011

Gold gaps upward

What a wonderful day. Blue sky. Low sum illuminating golden autumn trees. Light chilly wind. This morning I saw a rainbow the like of which I have never seen before. It was sitting on the horizon. It was not a complete arc. In fact it rose only a short distance into the sky. But it was so broad and all its colours were intense and distinct. Not only that but market that has treated me well once more.

Gold gaps upward
Today's rise in the gold price has been accompanied by a rise in the dollar. My American shares are also doing well. As I suggested might happen, STP lost the ground that it had made by close of business but is doing well again now.GTIV has also chipped in a good performance. The UK shares I bought are, sadly, fading. About half are winners but they are offset by the losers. 

The big question is what will tomorrow bring. It looks to me that the Dow has stalled at the first area of resistance and is now deciding whether to bounce back off a weak area of support at 11720. If it does we should be in for another upward move. If not we return to the doldrums.

But today's chart shows the gap up made by gold. I ought to be taking some profits. But I see the main resistance a little higher than the present price. Today's rise is on low volume so there may be a bit more to go for. Greedy, I know but that's how I feel at the moment.

Invited out for an unusual tea. Cucumber sandwiches, beautiful harpsichord playing and a lovely bay horse. Exciting conversation on a wide variety of topics including renting cottages on  the Balmoral Estate  and ancient organs. And then a drive through the hills to enjoy the autumn colours.


No comments: