Thursday 8 September 2011

Blowing in the wind

Back into precious metals with a vengeance. I'm glad that I picked up that silver on the American market last night. The silver I bought on the London market this morning was at a lower price than when I took profits a couple of days ago. For gold I had to pay a slightly higher price than I got for it yesterday, but yesterday there was no clue that the fall would be short lived. So I'm not unhappy with those trades.
Much harder was deciding what to do about index shorts. The signal I used was on the S&P which, in overnight trading on the futures market, kissed a resistance level and fell back. This gave me the courage to buy back some shorts as the American market opened weak. However, as the American morning progressed the battle between bulls and bears was ferocious and I had to live through some scary moments. I have included an intraday chart to show this. It is still hard to know whether I have done the right thing. This evening may tell.

No comments: