Tuesday 30 August 2011

Phew! There's a stroke of luck.


I was out for most of today. But before I went I bought some more gold and held on to my silver. Came home to a tidy profit. The chart shows the support line that I used to justify buying the gold. Sliver is looking a bit less positive, but I have a nice profit there too (see chart from a couple of days ago.)
The Dow is more of a worry. It has poked its nose above the resistance line I drew, but not enough to be a convincing break out. The bulls are pushing but the bears are still out there. Volume has declined.  The picture drawn by the S&P is slightly more bullish, but nothing to write home about.
Most of my UK bottom fishing stocks (bought at the bottom of the fall continue to do well (KFX, WLF, NWR, ISAT).
The balance of my portfolio is: Gold and Silver 19%, Equities 17%, Short Index ETFs 9%, Cash 56%.

No comments: