Thursday 25 August 2011

Bulls and Bears fighting to the death


We are in an ugly place.
The market has fallen sharply and is now consolidating. It is trading in a range with violent movements both up and down. The price action does not give the smallest hint of how it will turn out. Very, very hard to make money here. I have bet each way: small positions in short index ETFs and small positions in stocks poised to move higher if the market recovers.
Precious metals are in retreat but could easily resume their upward path. So no easy money here either. I have kept a little silver but have taken profits on the rest and on all of my gold. I have thrown in the towel on palladium.
Bonds are doing well but could also reverse. I maintain a small short ETF position.
Only solution is to bunker down and wait for some clear signals.

No comments: